stat - Query stat counters¶
The stat module queries stat counters on affected nodes.
There are two kinds of stat counters, both of which are queried using this module, but using slightly different syntaxes.
- -s --sum¶
Only print the sum of all nodes to the standard output, rather than per-node information.
Querying statd counters¶
halonctl stat [my-counter-name]
The statd daemon keeps track of counters such as system-cpu-usage and interface-ether1-bandwidth. The available counters are fixed, but may vary depending on available network interfaces, configured mail servers, etc. Running the stat module without any arguments lists all available counters per node.
These are some of the counters with their descriptions:
- system-cpu-usage - System CPU usage
- system-mem-usage - System RAM usage
- system-storage-iops - Current read/write operations on the storage disk
- system-storage-latency - Current latency to the storage disk (in ms)
- system-storage-usage - Currently used space on the storage disk (in %)
- system-swap-iops - Current read/write operations on the swap disk
- system-swap-usage - Currently used space on the swap disk (in %)
- mail-license-count - Number of users currently counting towards your license
- mail-quarantine-count - Number of letters stuck in quarantine
- mail-queue-count - Number of letters currently in the queue
- interface-*-bandwidth - Current bandwidth usage (in bytes)
- interface-*-packets - Number of packets currently in transit
Querying stat() counters¶
halonctl stat [key1] [key2] [key3]
This version reads arbitrary stat counters created with the HSL stat() function. This kind of stat counters has up to three keys, and any of these three can be queried.
Leave a key as . if you do not care about its value, or - to query for a blank value (NULL).
To fetch all stat counters, you would do this:
halonctl stat . . .
To fetch only the “mail:total” counter:
halonctl stat mail:total . .
Specifically for example.org:
halonctl stat mail:total . example.org
Blank third key (total to all domains, in this case):
halonctl stat mail:total . -
All counters for example.org:
halonctl stat . . example.org